Where Profits For Solver Owners
(Information for optimization software owners/developers)
- NB! Connecting C/C++/Fortran code to Python via f2py, cython, ctypes, SWIG is much easier than, for example, using MATLAB MEX-functions.
- You could use OpenOpt for your own purposes, particularly for easy benchmarking other algorithms v.s. yours, implemented in connected solvers.
- You can use OpenOpt solvers as solvers for you optimization subproblems, for example LP solvers connected to you MILP solver, or box-bounded NLP solvers for your general constrained NLP solver.
- OpenOpt graphical output can be easily connected to your solver(s).
- Maybe, you have grantee programs as well as reports on them. So connecting your solver(s) to OpenOpt could become another one essential chapter in your report.
- OpenOpt doesn't contain your code, but provides URL for download instead. So, your site visitors number will be increased.
- One can use FuncDesigner that gives more RAD abilities, and for nonlinear problems it provides Automatic Differentiation